January is one of my favorite times of the year. It is a chance to reflect on the previous year and to set intentions for the upcoming one. I choose to set intentions instead of set goals for myself. Setting an intention is similar to setting a goal, but you don't get caught up in trying to control the process.
An intention is a desire that comes from your heart. All you need to do is simply state your intention and surrender it to the Universe. Everything that happens to us begins with an intention. What we manifest begins with what we put energy into. What we focus on, we will create. It is that simple.
Trust that if your desire is align with your higher good, the Universe will align the right people and experiences to bring your desires to you. Trust that it will happen when the time is right and it will.
How I set my Intentions.
1. Sit in a quiet and relaxing space. I love to light candles and have tea.
2. Write down a list of what you want more of in your life and what your heart really desires. What in life sets you on fire creatively or brings you the most joy? It can be taking more time for yourself, a new business venture, working on relationships, etc.
My list included growing my business, being the healthiest version of me I can be for myself and others, improving finances by paying off any debt and saving money (I really want a new house!) and releasing any fear holding me back,
3. After you have made the list, write it out in detail. What would it look like, what would it feel like to experience the desire? Feel the joy and the gratitude as though you have achieved it.
After I made my intention list, I created a mind map of what I could do to make my intentions a reality.
4. Make a vision board. Cut out pictures that represent your intentions/desires. Place the vision board where you will see it often.
I have my vision board on the back of my bathroom door. This allows me time to look at it daily while getting ready in the morning.
6. Revisit your intentions as often as you want. Ask yourself if you are living each day as though the intention was manifested. What steps can you take each day to bring you closer to your desire? Visualize it, feel the joy and gratitude daily as though you have already achieved it.
5. Release control, surrender the outcome and enjoy the journey!